Lionheart House, Dordogne.

By Car

LD Lines to Boulogne It's closer than it looks! This entails driving in your own car to your chosen cross channel ferry operator and then down through France at your own pace. Click here to get some quotes.
P&O Ferries, click for prices
Brittany Ferries, click for prices

Another comfortable way of crossing the chanel is to use Eurotunnel. More expensive than the ferries, they are still worth considering as they have a bigger timetable.

A more traditional way is the boat ferries, slower,
bigger, but still a viable option. Sea France Norfolk Line Maersk Lines

Click to Book.

Driving in Europe

Information and advice on road safety equipment and the European requirements for driving on the Continent. Please note that you will require the following motoring equipment to legally drive in Europe.

Headlamp adaptors
Your vehicle’s headlamps are specifically designed for driving in the UK on the left hand side of the road. Consequently, when driving in Europe on the right, you will dazzle oncoming drivers, which is dangerous and illegal. When driving at any time, day or night – this must be prevented by adapting your headlamps.
Warning Triangle
If your vehicle breaks down or is involved in an accident, you should place a warning triangle 50-150 metres behind your vehicle to warn approaching traffic. The use of hazard lights alone is NOT sufficient in certain situations, for example an accident on a blind corner.
GB Plate
These are required by law to indicate country of registration.
Spare Bulbs
All lamps, including lenses and reflectors must be in working order, even during daylight hours. Failure to be in a position to replace a blown exterior bulb could result in an on the spot fine.
First Aid Kit & Fire Extinguisher
The European Good Samaritan Law requires every driver to stop and provide assistance when encountering an accident or incident, providing it is safe to do so. This may require a first aid kit and/or fire extinguisher and it is therefore advisable to carry these when driving in Europe.
Reflective Vest
Anybody providing roadside assistance, or leaving a stranded vehicle should always wear a reflective vest to ensure their own safety.
Breathalyser Kit
Some confusion over this, briefly made law, but being rescinded possibly.... they're cheap so carry one anyway just to be safe!
Be Safe, Be Legal

By Train

Or take the Eurostar/TGV to Angloueme and hire a car - just 50 minutes' drive. Le Tour de France. or you could cycle?

The quickest way is by aeroplane!

Arriving by aeroplane. Today there are lots of flights from the British Isles and Northern Europe going to airports situated reasonably close to Lionheart House, Limoges airport is our favourite, but you can also fly to Bergerac, Poitiers, La Rochelle, Bordeaux and Paris. Once you land it's around a 60 minute (Limoges, Poitiers, Begerac) drive by hire car to your final destination. Check out the hire car deals your airline has links with... we find them good value.

Reciprocal Health Care

IMPORTANT. Whilst you're organising your travel arrangements, ensure you have an EHIC! The free government European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles you to free or reduced price medical treatment in any EU country (or Swiss) public hospital due to reciprocal arrangements between nations. You can and should order one free on the web. It can often get you quicker treatment and stop you needing to pay an excess on your travel insurance. Click here EHIC

Foreign Money.

Money, Money, Money.... Maximise your foreign travel money and get the best exchange rates by clicking here Exchange Rates

Click here for an online booking form to reserve your holiday dates.